My client, a market leader within Education Technology are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join their team.
The main purpose of the role is to provide extra development capacity for their agile team to help them deliver an exciting new international platform development project
• Become an active member of one of our scrum teams
• Plan, architect and build components and functionality for our educational services
• Develop and update templates, functionality and applications
• Ensure formats are scalable and future-friendly by adopting techniques such as RWD
• Ensure appropriate support for our range of supported browsers and devices
• Troubleshooting and bug fixing
Agile development responsibilities
• Contribute to: daily scrum meetings, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews and planning sessions
• Provide breakdowns of relevant project tasks with reasonably accurate estimates of time and work involved
• Requirements gathering, formulating approach, completion of projects and individual tasks to deadline; communicate project risks as soon as they are identified; suggest solutions to problems
• Code reviews
• Extensive front end development experience
• Strong Angular (2+) experience
• NodeJS - Express and API/route creation
• Jira or equivalent
• Comfortable working within a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Capable of working to time restraints
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Candidates with experience of Elastic Search, query creation in particular and MySQL in addition to the above would be desirable.
Please note this will be a PAYE contract and not Limited Company/Freelance.
Location: West London | Salary: 350 - 450 per day | Job type: Contract | Posted: 11/11/2019