Our client, a leading provider of Educational Software and Digital content into UK schools is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to work in a DevOps environment to join their team and work on some exciting projects.
The main purpose of the role is to work with the Technical Architect and closely with the infrastructure team and application developers to scale systems, automate and standardise deployment, analyse processes and recommend improvements.
Other duties include:
• Working alongside a team of infrastructure engineers to help the company manage product delivery expectations.
• Working with application developers to ensure smooth deployment and perform troubleshooting where necessary.
• Producing and maintaining documentation where appropriate.
• Configure and maintain the upkeep of monitoring system to efficiently detect existing issues and predict future issues based on trends.
• Analyse outages/system instabilities, able to provide detailed documentation and recommend improvements.
• Extensive experience of professional systems administration experience with medium-high traffic web applications.
• Strong Linux background.
• Strong familiarity with various open source system.
• Experience working with Virtualization environments VMware, vCentre
• Knowledge of SAN/NAS storage systems.
• Bash Scripting Skills.
• Familiarity with Puppet.
• Familiarity with security and monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, NewRelic).
• Familiarity with source control tools (e.g. Git).
• Strong understanding of http load balancing concepts such as F5 and Nginx.
• Applications - Apache HTTP Web Server, Tomcat, NodeJS, Docker, Splunk.
• Self-motivated and reliable
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Candidates with experience of the below in addition to the above will be highly desirable:
• Experience with Amazon Web Services.
• Experience in managing RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB) or a NoSQL Database (MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra).
• Experience with OpenStack.
• Understanding cisco IOS/ Switching and Routing.
• Experience with Firewall/VPN and remote access technologies.
• Experience with administering Windows Operating Systems.
Location: West London | Salary: 350 - 380 per day | Job type: Contract | Posted: 11/11/2019